October 16, 2023
Experience the Southwest by luxury train on Rocky Mountaineer’s newest route, Rockies to the Red Rocks. From red sandstone landscapes that twist through the bright blue sky, to chromatic deserts and vast canyons, this stunning rail route is filled with highlights best seen from their expansive glass-dome coaches. the two-day train journey travels between Moab, Utah and Denver, Colorado with an overnight stay in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Glide over the Great Divide as you toast champagne among friends. Witness the enchanting hoodoos, spires and spectacular landscapes while learning the history of the region. Highlights from this route includes Mount Garfield, Ruby Canyon, the Continental Divide, Moffat Tunnel, Byers Canyon and Mount Peale. Experience all the breathtaking scenery while enjoying world-class service and regionally-inspired cuisine. Get the sense of adventure you crave, with the exceptional service you deserve on this journey of a lifetime.
Onboard Rocky Mountaineer, everything is choreographed to make your journey feel special, effortless and unforgettable. On their newest route, Rockies to the Red Rocks, their expansive SilverLeaf Service glass-dome coaches put you right in the heart of the stunning Southwest. From the comfort of your luxury seat, this journey of a lifetime offers impeccable service and storytelling from engaging Hosts, regionally-inspired cuisine, and a front row seat to one of the most spectacular settings on the planet.
You can travel in either direction, but here’s a closer look at the Eastbound route from Moab to Denver, which is the one we are doing on October 16, 2023
Day 1: Moab to Glenwood Springs
1. Your journey starts in Moab, where you’ll be greeted by a brilliant red sandstone backdrop. Get comfortable onboard and take in the stunning red rock formations.
2. You’ll cross the Utah-Colorado border with stunning mountain views in the background – keep your camera nearby to capture the impressive Mount Garfield.
3. You’ll arrive in the resort town of Glenwood Springs where you’ll spend the evening relaxing before boarding the train for another day of adventure.
Day 2: Glenwood Springs to Denver
1. Leave the beautiful Glenwood Springs and head east for another day of extraordinary views.
2. Take in the spectacular views of the picturesque Byers Canyon and Gore Canyon as you travel along the Colorado River.
3. Cross the Continental Divide while cutting through 6.3 miles of mountain in Moffatt Tunnel.
4. Soon, you’ll reach the vibrant city of Denver, the gateway to the Colorado Rockies.